Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Breastfeeding photos on Facebook...

Here is an interesting article about Facebook's policy on removing breastfeeding photos from peoples profiles. Basically, Facebook says it keeps "obscene" photos off to protect young users. Of course, breastfeeding Mom's are not happy about it...


Here is an article on the topic from Time Magazine...

So what do you think? I always try and be discreet when feeding my son in public. I try not to make a big deal about it- but it does bother me that so many people are uncomfortable about it. I am feeding a human baby, who without my breastmilk, would die. It is that simple. He needs to eat every few hours and I cannot just stay in my house for a year or two while he is nursing to make others feel better...I think more women and men need to support breastfeeding in public to help reduce the stigmas and negative emotions people feel toward breastfeeding.

Share your thoughts! What do you do or how do you feel about women breastfeeding in public?

2 comments:

  1. Breastfeeding obscene? Never. I am not one of those moms that whips my breast out in public for all to see. I too try to be discrete, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to nurse my baby in a public restroom when there are comfy chairs in front of the Nordstrom cafe.

    You wouldn't tell your dog and her puppies to stop nursing in front of the people coming to look at the puppies for sale. Or would you throw a blanket over her?

    Why do we make nursing humans feel bad about doing something your body was made to do?

    ReplyDelete