Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar- (I would substitute some agave nectar/honey and molasses here a total of about 1/4-1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (heaping) Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 whole Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins (optional!)
Preparation InstructionsPreheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease 12 muffin tins.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry blender until it is fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Add raisins. Fold gently until mixture is just combined.
Pour into a greased muffin pan—batter hardly ever fills all twelve unless you keep it down to 1/2 full. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar-nutmeg mixture over the top of each unbaked muffin.
Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool