Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time for Compassion!!

I just came across this article that I LOVE. It talks about using compassion when talking about Mommy/Baby issues on the internet.

It is no secret that I am a big advocate for breastfeeding. I love it and my personal experience with it has changed my life for the better. That being said- I also do not ever in any way want to make formula feeding Moms feel bad! Formula is not evil! Every Mom and Dad does their best. Period.

I hope that it is always clear that I try and only present information about breastfeeding and try and help educate people to help their feeding experience better. I have many, many friends who have fed their babies formula. HECK- my Mom's breastmilk dried up after awhile and I was given formula. My husband was exclusively formula fed. We turned out just fine. AND my boys have never had even an ounce of formula. I even became one of "those women" who breastfed my oldest until he was over 2 years old! I breastfed while I was pregnant! So, I have been on both sides of the issue.

But of course, I am a huge believer that more women would breastfeed (and for longer) if they were given information and support from before they even gave birth. Let's all just get along and stick together! Raising kids is hard enough without attacking each other. 

Check out this great article on the Huffington Post talking about this very topic! 




No comments:

Post a Comment