Monday, August 2, 2010

Grilled Sweet Potato Fries!

Now- I am the first to admit that french fries are one of God's gifts to humans. They are seriously one of my favorite foods. The really good ones are horribly bad for you though, which makes it more of a 'once in awhile' kind of treat.

There will come a day when my son will get to eat french fries. I will actually like to share a big basket with him and enjoy the salty deliciousness...HOWEVER, he is only 2! Not time to clog his arteries yet.

(A side note- I will always try to feed healthy foods to my family, but I always get asked the question: "Will you EVER let your kids have junk food?" The answer is yes. I am not going to be a crazy psycho and never let my kids enjoy some fun and unhealthy treats...but I strongly believe that the first 5 or so years of a child's growth and development are the most important and therefore, healthy food is a must and junk food is a big NO!)

BUT you can make some of your favorite treats healthier and still yummy! Here is a great recipe for grilled sweet potato french fries from the website One Hungry Mama...they sound amazing and I would definitely let my son eat these!

Grilled Sweet Potato French Fries

Click here to visit One Hungry Mama for even more amazing recipes! (She groups the recipes by age, ingredients or type and it is one of my new favorites!)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Sweet potatoes are such a delicious food. I make sweet potato sticks all the time, Evan devours them!

    ReplyDelete