Friday, September 23, 2011

First Foods!




So- my little man turned 6 months old! Seems crazy how fast time flies by. Per current guidelines, he was exclusively breastfed until 6 months and then I started introducing solids, following the 4 day wait rule.

We decided to pick avocados as his first food. (We did the same with my older son- so it was an easy choice). I took half of the avocado and mashed it up and gave it to him on a spoon and left the other half in large slices for him to feed himself.

He loved it! He liked the taste and did not even make weird faces. He mostly played and explored- just as he should.

We also introduced bananas this week. I did the same- mashed some, left some whole. I also froze part of the banana and put it into a mesh feeder because the poor guy is teething something awful and he loved the cold on his gums.

Overall- it was a great experience and although I am sad that I am no longer his only food source, I am excited to introduce him to so many great new flavors and foods!


No comments:

Post a Comment