Sunday, December 5, 2010

Great article about Dad's role in breasfeeding

For me- having my husband's support regarding breastfeeding was the single most important reason I was successful. Before we had our son, he was encouraging and helped me learn about what to do. When our son was born, he was very helpful (especially when it was so tiring and painful!). He was supportive and was there with water, kind words and love. And throughout the next TWO years, he never complained or made me feel weird for wanting to breastfeed long term. He gave me praise to family and friends and made me feel like a superstar for breastfeeding our son.

I really believe that having a partner (or even a family member or close friend if you are not married) can help get you through the tough times. Breastfeeding is NOT easy!

Here is a great article to read for Mom and Dad about starting/continuing a successful breastfeeding relationship from The Connected Mom:

http://www.theconnectedmom.com/2010/11/5-ways-partners-can-support.html

Share it with those expecting- definitely good advice. Also- if you have some advice for Dad- leave it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment