Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Squash Rings

One Hungry Mama has done it again! A fabulous recipe that can be shared with babies as young as 6 months- but will be a guaranteed favorite with kids and adults alike!

SQUASH RINGS!!


From the One Hungry Mama website:

"I love Delicata squash! The heirloom variety is mild, buttery and as gorgeous to look at as it is to taste.
I recently roasted scallop-edged rings of this thin-skinned winter squash. They are as fun to eat as onion rings and (believe it or not) just as delicious. And way healthier! The edible skin gets crispy during roasting, giving these finger food rings a little crunch that gives way to soft squash that I like to finish with nutty thyme browned butter, a squirt of lemon and sprinkle of parmesan.
Just writing about it makes my mouth water! If reading about it is doing the same for you, get my recipe at The Family Kitchen: Roasted Delicata Squash Rings with Thyme Browned Butter (can be shared with kids 6+ mos)*

Oh, and if you’re already starting to think about holiday vegetables, bookmark these. They’d make a lovely Thanksgiving (or Hanukkah or Christmas!) side.


*Note: Peels the skin off for children not yet eating finger foods"

(http://onehungrymama.com/2010/11/recipe-move-over-onion-rings-weve-got-squash-rings/)

And you can of course, add your own spin to this recipe! I am definitely going to try it out- I am sure my son will think these are so fun and delicious!


Click here to view the recipe for Squash Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment