Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Recipe Site!

Thanks to my friend Mattie for finding this great website with recipes for healthy meals that your baby and toddler will love and that you can serve to your whole family.

Weelicious is "fast, easy, & fresh baby food and toddler food and recipes for the entire family"

From the Weelicious Website:
"I started modeling and traveling the world at a very young age, tasting and being turned onto foods that were exciting and exotic to my Kentucky bred palette. When I was living in Paris, Milan, New York and traveling to places like Tokyo, Morocco and Sydney, I became obsessed with learning about local cuisine.
Later I went to culinary school, then worked in a few restaurants trying to learn more tricks of the trade.
Whenever people ask me what type of cuisine I like to cook the best, I say “what’s fresh”. The most important part of food is the ingredients you start with. I like simple food that speaks for itself.
When I had my kids, Kenya and Chloe, I realized that I wanted them to be exposed to seasonal, organic food that’s as pure as possible. I want them to know that food shouldn’t have to be pumped with sugar, salt and preservatives to be delicious.
Kenya and Chloe only know what I feed them. If I gave them McDonalds, they’d love it, but if I give them pesto chicken, that’s what they’ll crave.
Parents’ lives are busy, but we also want our kids to have the best. The recipes on this site are delicious, nutritious and easy, but most important, they’re fast. I make cooking fun for all of us. I prop Chloe in her high chair and let Kenya sit on a stool so they can both be part of the process. Who knows, maybe one of them will be a great chef someday. Ahh….a mother’s dream."


There are so many great recipes on this site as well as tips to help your little one eat delicious and healthy foods! Plus- I love that these are recipes that are for the whole family. I rarely, if ever, make a separate meal for my son as I truly believe that kids will eat- AND LOVE- whatever you give them. Especially when they know that there is no other option, hehe.

Click here to visit the Weelicious site!

No comments:

Post a Comment