Friday, July 29, 2011

Your breastfeeding story in 100 words

A wonderful blogger- Amber McCann, is putting together a great project sharing stories about breastfeeding. Check out what she has to say:

 (Photo courtesy of: http://www.ambermccann.com/blog/100-words/)

"I’m going to spend time over the next few weeks working on my own 100 words.

And because I believe so strongly in our collective story, I want you to join me.  Don’t you find strength in the stories of others?  Our culture has demanded that breastfeeding be hidden, closed behind doors and covered up  but I can be instantly encouraged when I know that I don’t walk this road alone.  So, will you walk with me?  I want to hear your story, your breastfeeding story in 100 words or less.

I want to hear them if they are wonderful.  I want to hear them if they are heartbreaking.  I want to hear them if they don’t make any sense.  I want to hear them if they make you angry or empowered.  I want to hear them.

*  Stories can be submitted for publication to this blog by emailing them to me at amber@ambermccann.com. Please keep them to 100 words or less.  Before publication, stories will be edited only for minor spelling/grammatical errors.  If the stories will be published in any other medium or venue, other than this blog, your permission will be obtained.  Feel free to widely share this post and encourage others to also submit their stories. Deadline for story submissions is September 1."


(http://www.ambermccann.com/blog/100-words/)

Click here to submit your story and read more about her project

No comments:

Post a Comment