Monday, February 1, 2010

Chart for food introductions

So- when I started looking up information about feeding my son solids, I came across this handy chart from The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.

This chart gives suggested ages for food introductions for a baby NOT at an increased risk for food allergies. (Meaning, if either parent has food allergies, you may need to wait longer before introducing those foods).

For normal babies, following this chart can help decrease the risk of developing food allergies from early introduction. I have read studies that are finding that if you introduce a food too early, even if the baby does not immediately show a reaction, it can lead to the child developing an allergy later in life. Of course, as always, talk to your pediatrician and follow your doctors advice.

Here is the chart. If you would like a copy, you can right click on the image or leave me a comment and I will e-mail it to you!

3 comments: